Monday 12 October 2009

DINING OUT

I have recently had the pleasure of eating in two excellent pub restaurants that I recommend you check out. I have deliberately kept my comments short and suggest that you click on the links below to view the web sites of these two inns and to discover about their menus.

The first is The Lord Nelson a delightful 18th century country inn located in the small Oxfordshire village of Brightwell Baldwin near Wallington and is run by Carole and Roger Shippey. The menu is varied; the food excellent and the ambience superb. The hostelry is open all day on Sundays (for Sunday lunch/dinner) but I suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.

The other is the Bell Inn at Beechampton, a recently refurbished village inn nr Stoney Stratford, Milton Keynes. As this is a free house it offers a wide variety of excellent ales and an exceptional wine list that is interesting and varied. Excellent food is served in two cosy dining rooms. I thoroughly recommend that you try their traditional Sunday roasts or treat yourself to their succulent steaks (specials on Tuesday Steak Nights).

No comments: